John Whitbeck would seem like an extremist to most – as he’s a full-fledged 9/11 Conspiracy Theorist, and an anti-Semite who characterized Israel as a “racial-supremicist, settler-colonial experiment” which should, of course, be annihilated.
Naturally, he was deemed perfectly respectable by Comment is Free, and published a post there in January, (see our posts here, here , here, & here) called, “On Palestine, the US is a rogue state“, in which he decried America’s “slavish subservience to Israel.”
After a complaint by the CST, the words “slavish” was removed but the phrase “subservience to Israel” remained.
Undeterred, Whitbeck, an international lawyer, presented a paper to an official UN Conference, in March of this year, in support of Latin American and Caribbean nations recognizing Palestine, which included the text from his CiF piece, and which included the original wording regarding “slavish” subservience to Israel. Whitbeck helpfully listed the publications who cross-posted the essay – which included radical anti-Zionist, and often anti-Semitic, fringe far-left magazines such as Counterpunch and Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, the Palestine Chronicle, as well as Arab papers such as the Jordan Times, Arab News, Al-Ahram Weekly, whose editorial lines aren’t difficult to imagine.
Whitbeck came to mind today when I read a report about an Iranian poster, making the rounds in the nation whose leaders continue to dream of a world without Zionism, which depicts U.S. leaders as slaves to Israel.
Of course, the anti-Semitic motif of non-Jewish U.S. political leaders being controlled by Israel and her Jewish supporters is quite common in the Arab and Muslim media, but it’s always worth noting when the anti-Semitic orientation of the Red-Green Alliance can be so clearly illustrated.
John Whitbeck’s CiF essay continues to represent exhibit A in this dangerous ideological convergence.
- Guardian reader off-topic anti-Israel hate of the day (cifwatch.com)
- What the Guardian won’t report: Latest Pew Study demonstrates anti-Semitism in many Arab countries is universal (cifwatch.com)
- CiF contributor & anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist advising UN on recognition of a Palestinian State (cifwatch.com)
- Perfect illustration of Guardian’s biased moderation when dealing with Israel related reader comments (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian’s Jonathan Freedland is mugged by the reality of BDS movement’s malevolence (cifwatch.com)
- On CiF Watch and the fight against contemporary anti-Semitism (cifwatch.com)
Categories: Category not assigned