Since the release of 1,027 Palestinian prisoners from Israel in exchange for Gilad Shalit, Palestinian Media Watch has documented that Palestinian Authority leaders, including Mahmoud Abbas, as well as the official PA media, have glorified some of the terrorists who committed the most lethal attacks against Israeli civilians.
Among the recently released prisoners was Ahlam Tamimi, the terrorist who chose the place and led a suicide bomber to the Sbarro pizza restaurant in Jerusalem in August 2001, who murdered 15 people in his attack, 7 of them children.
Tamimi has repeatedly stated that she does not regret her involvement in the terror attack and, since her release, has appeared in several interviews, in which she has repeated this.
Here’s a Jordanian website broadcast of an interview with her.
If you want to know how Tamimi’s new freedom (and appalling lack of remorse) affects the families of those who lost loved ones in the Sbarro attack, I’d suggest reading the following post by Arnold and Frimet Roth, whose daughter Malki was murdered by Tamimi.
In a piece titled, “A monster walks the streets and she has many accomplices“, the Roths, at their blog, This Ongoing War, write:
“This person murdered fifteen people, most of them children, all of them Jewish. A sixteenth woman, a young mother, was left unconscious and vegetative from the day of the terrorist attack until today; the woman’s two-year old daughter has grown up motherless. And more than 130 people were left maimed and wounded, along with several hundred families, ours among them, who were and are devastated.”
“The injustice of this person’s freedom, and the hypocrisy of those who fail to scream out against it, overwhelm us. They choke us.”
Yes, the hypocrisy of those who aren’t genuinely outraged by Tamimi’s release, and by the Palestinians’ veneration of such hideous and loathsome people, is morally appalling beyond what any words could adequately express.
- The Hostage-Prisoner Exchange and the world of imaginative sympathy (cifwatch.com)
- Frimet Roth responds to Guardian story sympathetic to terrorist responsible for her daughter’s murder (cifwatch.com)
- Arnold & Frimet Roth, whose daughter Malka was murdered by terrorists in 2001, responds to Shalit news (cifwatch.com)
- When white faces at the Guardian refuse to treat non-white faces as moral equals (cifwatch.com)
- If Arnold Roth held a news conference at the American Colony Hotel, would the Guardian cover it? (cifwatch.com)
- A nightmare that never ends (cifwatch.com)
- What the Guardian won’t report. Terrorist responsible for Sbarro massacre: “I’d do it again.” (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian publishes letters arguing Shalit’s release (in exchange for 1027 terrorists) is unfair to Hamas (cifwatch.com)
- Tyranny of victimhood: Why the Guardian gives a free ride to reactionary Palestinian movement (cifwatch.com)
Categories: Category not assigned