Well, a Guardian reader using the moniker “genuineLeft” is an Israel hater (who has characterized Zionism as a “racist, colonialist, expansionist, violent ideology” which may one day be “genocidal”) who continues to demonstrate the strong overlap between anti-Zionism and antisemitism.
Beneath the line of Rodge Glass’s rather restrained CiF commentary on the recent CST report demonstrating an increase of antisemitic incidents in the Manchester area, genuineLeft opined as follows, (a comment which received 50 Recommends):
GenuineLeft’s annoyance is clearly directed at those who “ridiculously” condemn those Jews [like Atzmon] who engage in benign, sober and constructive criticism about the threat posed to humanity by world Jewry: a group, per Atzmon, who is literally trying to take over the world in a manner quite consistent with the sinister Semitic designs outlined in the unfairly derided Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and boldly confronted by historically misunderstood prophets like Adolf Hitler.
The comment hasn’t been deleted by CiF moderators which made me wonder whether a reader comment endorsing the views of a Neo-Nazi such as David Duke (who just so happens to be a fan of Atzmon’s brave stance against the international Jewish onslaught) would similarly remain on the thread.
No, I would never, ever, of course, suggest, under any circumstances that anyone engage in the universally discredited practice of “trolling” to test my curiosity – online apostasy which would clearly run afoul of ‘Comment is Free’s’ sacred community standards – but, merely, asking a question (ahem…screenshot…ahem) that I’d love to get a definitive answer to.
- The Guardian, Khaled Diab and the Gilad Atzmon antisemitism test (cifwatch.com)
- Gilad Atzmon takes aim at CiF Watch, accusing us of running “a Jewish supremacist site”! (cifwatch.com)
- At the Guardian’s online bookshop, antisemitism is shipped within 24 hours! (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian publishes letter by supporter of Gilad Atzmon, refuses to publish rebuttal (cifwatch.com)
- Within 24 hours of CiF Watch post, Guardian removes Gilad Atzmon’s book from their online shop. (cifwatch.com)
- Following our post & complaint, Guardian amends Khaled Diab’s CiF essay: Removes Atzmon passage (cifwatch.com)
Categories: Category not assigned