Here’s the Guardian’s caption:
Palestinians inspect the damage to a building after an Israeli air strike in Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip. Photograph: Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters
The caption failed to mention the attack against Israel which precipitated the IDF operation – a grad rocket launched from Gaza that morning which destroyed a house in Netivot and injured several Israelis – nor that the building in Nuseirat was reportedly a weapons manufacturing facility.
Here’s the caption:
Palestinians inspect the damage to a building following an Israeli attack in al-Bureij, in the centre of the Gaza Strip. Photograph: Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty Images
Guardian readers would be forgiven for not knowing that the IDF operation was a response to several grad rockets which were fired into southern Israel by Popular Resistance Committee terrorists on Oct. 28.
This latest Palestinian attack followed a barrage of more than 70 rockets fired into Israel by Hamas and Popular Resistance Committees on Oct. 24 and 25 which seriously damaged homes and critically wounded two foreign workers in the Eshkol Region.
Over 150 rockets have been fired into Israel from Gaza in October alone, and more than 610 so far in 2012.
- BBC’s Jon Donnison presents hearsay as ‘analysis’ (bbcwatch.org)
- Harriet Sherwood runs interference for Hamas in report on latest rocket barrage from Gaza (cifwatch.com)
- You don’t need to know Hebrew to write Israeli history backwards at the Guardian (cifwatch.com)
- Shrapnel from Palestinian grad rocket pierces home in Israeli town of Netivot (cifwatch.com)
- Immutable Israeli guilt watch: Jewish state “accused” of ensuring Gazans had proper nutrition (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood cherry picks results of poll to smear Israel with ‘apartheid’ label (cifwatch.com)
- Defamation: Combating the assault on the Jewish state’s legitimacy at the Guardian (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian’s David Batty ignores reports that no humanitarian aid was on board Gaza-bound ship (cifwatch.com)
Categories: Category not assigned