While our post pertained to McGreal’s false claim that Israeli PM Netanyahu refused President Obama’s request to institute a 10 month settlement building freeze, the photo looked familiar so I spent some time after our post was published trying to trace it’s origins.
It was used six days ago, Nov. 2, in a ‘Comment is Free’ piece, advocating a bi-national solution, by David Wearing.
It was also used to illustrate a 2007 Guardian report by Conal Urquhart.
However, then I came across what appears to be a photo of the same Palestinian pictured above evidently climbing the very wall he’s then seen, in other photos, standing on. The photo which dates back to Nov. 15, 2005 is posted at a site called ‘American Intifada‘.
Here’s a closer look:
He certainly seems to be the same man seen in the photos above.
Sure enough, a final search finds a direct hit for that date, Nov. 15, of the man once he somehow climbed up to the top of the security fence.
The photo will turn 7 years old on Nov. 15, and there seems to be little doubt that we’ll see this iconic symbol of Palestinian ‘resistance’ for years to come.
- Chris McGreal lies about Israeli building freeze (cifwatch.com)
- PCC to rule that Guardian’s Conal Urquhart ‘significantly misled’ readers in flotilla story (cifwatch.com)
- Round-up of the Guardian’s Israel coverage – September 2012 (cifwatch.com)
- Rachel Shabi has “fresh hope” that the Jewish state may cease to exist (cifwatch.com)
- Do you support Arab progress? Then, listen to genuine Arab liberals & reject Guardian’s analysis. (cifwatch.com)
- What the Guardian won’t report: Fatah FB page posts pic of mother placing suicide belt on her child (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian interviewee casually suggests Israel is attempting to ethnically cleanse Palestinians (cifwatch.com)
- Antony Loewenstein imagines a Hamas-approved future ‘After Zionism’ (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian: 1 photo, 22 words, no context and so much disinformation (cifwatch.com)
- The end of Israel will have to wait: On the patient anti-Zionism of the Guardian Left. (cifwatch.com)