Though CiF moderators may be doing a slightly better job of cleaning anti-Semitic filth from their pages these days, a recent comment by a Guardianista named Berchmans recalls a CW post from 2009 called “The first Berchmans Award” – an award dedicated to exposing to recognise the most antisemitic posts on CiF.
Berchmans is a permanent fixture on CiF. And, as we noted, he may be a man of few words, but the words he does use are guaranteed to be used to vilify Israel and her supporters.
More recently, in response to a CiF essay by Timothy Snyder titled, “Lithuania neglects the memory of its murdered Jews“, July 29, about Lithuania’s failure to deal with their involvement in the mass slaughter of Jews during the Holocaust, Berchmans said the following.
Of course, citing Norman Finkelstein is par for the course for Berchmans, as Finkelstein’s views – as expressed in his book “The Holocaust Industry”, which characterizes Israelis as “basically Nazis with beards and black hats” – naturally endears him to anti-Semites and Israel haters the world over.
No, the vile accusation that the Holocaust is cynically exploited by my country and our Jewish supporters does not dignify a reply, but it does need repeating that the memory of the anti-Semitism (the “respectable bigotry” of the time) which led to the murder of one out of every three Jews in the world is, to be sure, a constant reminder of why this blog continues to fight anti-Semitism (and the assault on the Jewish state’s legitimacy) advanced by Guardian reporters, CiF contributors, and commenters like Berchmans.
- CiF, Henning Mankell, and the audacity of evil (cifwatch.com)
- Yes, denying Jews the right to self-determination is inherently anti-Semitic. (cifwatch.com)
- On CiF Watch and the fight against contemporary anti-Semitism (cifwatch.com)
- CiF Watch’s new Newsletter has hit the stands! (cifwatch.com)
- Curious deletion by Guardian comment moderators in Demjanjuk thread (cifwatch.com)
- Canadian Muslim Activist, Tarek Fatah, unveils “the myths that fuel Islamic anti-Semitism” (cifwatch.com)
- Perfect illustration of Guardian’s biased moderation when dealing with Israel related reader comments (cifwatch.com)