One of the many highlights at the Nov. 27 Big Tent for Israel Conference (on combating delegimization) I attended, and participated in, was listening to the keynote speech delivered by Israel’s Ambassador to the UK, Daniel Taub.
Taub blasted the Guardian’s Deborah Orr regarding her hideous commentary on the Gilad Shalit prisoner release deal – in the context of his broader critique of delegitimization in the British media.
Speaking to a 700-strong audience in Manchester, the ambassador’s speech represented a call to arms, arguing that anti-Israel campaigns that delegitimize Israel opened a “new front for Israel” in the UK and were “a serious problem for those institutions and organizations which allow it to fester.”
Here’s a clip of the particular segment of his speech where he singles out the Guardian.
And, here’s Taub’s entire presentation.
- My speech on countering delegitimization @ ‘Big Tent for Zionism’ conference: Manchester, Nov. 27 (cifwatch.com)
- Israel’s Ambassador to UK singles out Guardian’s Deborah Orr for criticism at Manchester conference (cifwatch.com)
- The continuing notoriety of Guardian journalist Deborah Orr’s perverse antisemitic logic (cifwatch.com)
- Deborah Orr Tweet of the day: Jews are “not allowed” to “not allow people to be critical” of Israel (cifwatch.com)
- Applying Deborah Orr’s moral arithmetic to assess the value of ‘chosen’ Jewish apartments (cifwatch.com)
- The apology to the Jewish people Deborah Orr should have written (cifwatch.com)
- In a landslide, Guardian wins 2011 ‘Dishonest Reporting’ Award! (cifwatch.com)