Below the line of Jane Eisner’s CiF commentary, “President Barack Obama’s calibrated AIPAC message, was this comment by serial Israel hater, and Jew baiter, Berchmans, responding to a passage from Eisner’s essay about Netanyahu’s relationship with Obama.
Imagine if a commenter had suggested that President Obama is morally subhuman? Is there any chance the comment would not have been deleted?
If you click on our Berchmans link, you’ll see a CiF commenter who:
- Claims Ahmadinejad has not, in fact, denied the Holocaust,
- Claims Iran is not pursing nuclear weapons
- Endorses the views of Norman Finkelstein
- Suggests that Hollywood and the media have pandered to Israel in advancing their Zionist narrative
- Argues that the charge of “Holocaust denial” is merely a cynical means to tar any criticism of Israel with the false charge of antisemitism.
- Says: “modern antisemitism is an IDF-related phenomena”
- Opines that Zionists engage in an orchestrated assault on opinion at ‘Comment is Free’
- Suggests that Hamas’ charter is not antisemitic
- Implies that Hamas is justified in hating Jews
Berchmans has not been banned or, unlike many pro-Israel commenters, to the best of our knowledge, been placed in pre-moderation.
The hate spewed by this commenter towards Israel, and the state’s Jewish supporters, with impunity, represents a perfect example of the biased moderation at ‘Comment is Free’.
- Guardian readers skew conversation about UK, U.S. & Iran in a decidedly Semitic direction (cifwatch.com)
- The Iranian Guardians: CiF readers come out in force to demonize Israel, & defend Islamist regime (cifwatch.com)
- Antisemitism below the line at CiF: Jewish control of US policy, & Jews’ insidious practice of usury (cifwatch.com)
- CiF readers blast Jonathan Freedland’s critique of Guardian Left orthodoxies on Syria, Iran & Israel (cifwatch.com)
- CiF commenter suggests Tony Blair should be killed: 68 “Recommends & NOT deleted by CiF Moderators (cifwatch.com)