Beneath the Guardian’s Middle East Live Blog (Syria crisis: Erdogan threatens military retaliation) on June 26 was a standard off-topic, incoherent diatribe which managed to focus most of its malign energy squarely at the desired Zionist target.
However, while you can jump to the last line to read the rant’s comical crescendo, please note the creative characterization of Zionists, (underlined in red) in the second line, who he/she
thinks knows is behind calls for military intervention in Syria.
So, just for fun, I Googled “Zionist Keyboard Brigades” to see if there would be any direct hits and, sure enough:
The first link takes you to a site called ‘Before It’s News’, and a piece titled, “Zionist Corporate Media Censoring Syrian War“, and includes this pearl of wisdom:
“The media reports from the corporate Zionist media are being heavily censoring to prevent posters who know the truth from commenting on the comments portion of the news stories that are aggregated through such news aggregators as Google News, Yahoo and Microsoft. Post after post by the Zionist keyboard brigade shows them making ridiculous accusations, inflammatory postings, bellicose statements, disseminating pro-war and anti-Iranian propaganda is also being supported by the media deleting those who know and post the truth about what is going on in Syria.
The second hit, from a readers’ forum for mountain bikers (don’t ask), provides some further clarification on the term:
“Zionist Keyboard Brigade[s]...They have websites who monitor other websites who criticize Israel, and these Keyboardists try to make it seem that there’s more support than there actually is and try to obfuscate the reality on the ground, the brutality, the objectives, the Zionism. “
Hmmm…A Zionist blog which arduously monitors another site obsessively critical of Israel. Which site could this commenter have in mind?
Alright, that’s enough fun for one day fellow “Keyboardists”. Back to trolling beneath the line at that “other site” to make it seem (to those untrained in the insidious art of Zionist villainy) that there’s more support for Zionism than there actually is, and obfuscating the ugly, brutal Israeli reality on the ground!
- Zionist Svengali Alert: Guardian reader complains CiF Watch insidiously imposes its will on others (cifwatch.com)
- An episode of “Guess the Twitterer”: An ‘Air Flotilla 2′ #EpicFailure Production (cifwatch.com)
- The hysterical Tweets of anti-Zionist “rock star” Ali Abunimah (cifwatch.com)
- Blogger at The Independent evokes Nazi analogy, arguing Israel is based on “superior race theory” (cifwatch.com)
- Is ‘OpenDemocracy” closed to Zionists? (cifwatch.com)
- Deborah Orr Tweet defends ‘chosen people’ essay, complains about Zionists’ sense of victimhood (cifwatch.com)
- Insidious Zionist tool of economic development: Unintended comedy in Guardian tale of Israeli villainy (cifwatch.com)