Okay, I admit it. The title is a bit over the top.
In fairness, it’s not really an ‘Axis’.
Anyway, on to our story.
As the bloodbath in Homs continues, the official Syrian state news agency, Sana, evidently shocked (simply shocked!) by Israel’s crimes against Palestinian anti-Zionist “militants”, published this today.
Wait, it gets better. Read the text of the story:
DAMASCUS, (SANA)-Syria on Tuesday vehemently condemned the continuous Israeli aggression against the Palestinian Arab people in the Gaza Strip since last Friday, which claimed the lives of over 25 unarmed civilians and caused tens of injuries.
A statement by the Foreign and Expatriates Ministry highlighted Syria’s stress on the importance of taking immediate action by the international community to halt these vicious aggressions, inflict punishment on those behind them and work on lifting the unjust siege imposed on this Strip since years.
“While stressing so,” the statement added, “Syria draws the attention of the Arab people to the gravity of the suspicious Arab moves led by some Gulf states at different international forums against Syria as they offer a service to the Israeli entity to cover what is taking place in the Gaza Strip.”
The Foreign and Expatriates Ministry said that “Gaza, sinking in its blood since days, is absolutely certain that Damascus will keep supporting it despite the Arabs’ preoccupation in conspiring against Syria.”
The Ministry underscored in its statement that the steadfastness of Gaza people in the face of the Israeli aggression machine is further consolidated by the steadfastness of the Syrian people in confronting the conspiracy against Syria.
Milne, it should be noted, is opposed to even humanitarian aid to the Syrian people and, when not busy shilling for Iran, is often busy covering for an Assad regime responsible for the brutal torture of dissidents, over 8,000 dead, and tens of thousands displaced.
He now Tweets4Syria:
While I’m not sure who runs Tweet4Syria, their Tweets, much like Milne’s Guardian pieces, seem intent to run interference for the Assad regime:
Seumas Milne, whose ideological rigidity in resisting efforts to end the bloodshed in Syria was too extreme even for Hamas member Azzam Tamimi, continues to demonstrate the unreformed anti-imperialist ideology which drew him, earlier in his career not only to Marxism, but to a publication with decidedly Stalinist leanings. (Milne also defended the Soviet Union in a 2001 Guardian piece.)
Milne, two days after the attacks on 9/11 characterized the murder of 3000 innocent civilians as representing an America reaping what it had sown. He continues to defend Iran, even once offered an apologia for the evidently misunderstood reformer Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, waxed poetically of “resistance” movements in Iraq and Afghanistan, and continues to support reactionary, violent political movements – making a mockery of his paper’s claim to uphold progressive values.
The malign spirit of communist totalitarianism – and the mindless, yet supremely dangerous, anti-Western propaganda which it so skillfully disseminated throughout the world – clearly didn’t die with the breakup of the Soviet Union.
- Seumas Milne shills for Syria & Iran: Sees hidden Zionist hand in calls for Assad’s overthrow (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian Proletariat Hotel: Accommodations for the 99%, developed by the 1% (A visual guide) (cifwatch.com)
- CiF readers blast Jonathan Freedland’s critique of Guardian Left orthodoxies on Syria, Iran & Israel (cifwatch.com)
- The siege of Homs, the Guardian, and the flight of the humanitarians. (cifwatch.com)
- Dennis MacEeoin blasts the Guardian’s Seumas Milne, de facto spokesman for Iranian regime (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian’s Seumas Milne runs interference for “anti-Imperialist” Islamic Republic of Iran (cifwatch.com)
- Seumas Milne’s malign anti-Zionist fantasy (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian’s Seumas Milne: Trainee @ PFLP terror camp in Beirut? (Updated) (cifwatch.com)
- Seumas Milne or Ahmadinejad? Guardian warns attacking Iran would be ‘criminal aggression’ (cifwatch.com)
- Fascinating Twitter exchange between Guardian’s Seumas Milne & Hamas member Azzam Tamimi (cifwatch.com)